Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cyberpunk glasses

Yesterday I got a package containing a "personal media viewer". The "converter" which contains the battery and a charger circuit was broken. I opened it and verified that the signal lines from AV in are just passed through to the HMD. Then I hacked down the glasses. Thumbs down to the manufacturer for the power supply wire colors: They used black for positive and yellow for negative. Thumbs up though, for using robust hardware that survives wrong polarity. I then mounted everything on the frame of my glasses. The result looks really cyberpunk-like:


Yes, this is a composite video input. What a blast from the past! However, it works. It is even quite comfortable since I removed all unnecessary weight.

I will order a beagleboard as soon as it is available again. Furthermore I found a pretty cool glove keyboard solution: Thumbcode. It is easy to implement in hardware and looks easy to learn and efficient. Stay tuned for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment